The business meeting of the MSCP council found place on the 15th of September 2016, at the end of the first day of the 10th biennial meeting. The issues that were discussed were :
- The location of the next meetings. It has been decided that the 2018 meeting will find place in Thessaloniki, Greece, under the presidency of Prof. Ioannis Kanellos and Ass. Prof. Manos Pramateftakis. Dr Scepanovic suggested the spring time as the best time for the meeting, therefore we will be considering March or April 2018 for the next biennial meeting. The 2020 meeting will be most likely held in Cairo (Egypt).
- The governing council of the society remains as follows:
President: Antonio Amato
Vice president : Biagio Ravo
Secretary: Manos Pramateftakis
Treasurer: Fabrizio Cimino
Website management: Ferruccio Boffi
- Mario Pescatori suggested that Manos Pramateftakis could become the President of the Society in 2018, with Ali Shafik organising the 2020 meeting in Cairo.
- The issue of attracting new members was once again discussed. Mario Pescatori suggested the option of free courses in Ljubliana (proctology/day surgery unit) and Cairo (pelvic floor unit) for new members. We discussed the issue of attracting members from North African countries, nevertheless Ali Shafik pointed out the fact that these countries have French and not English as their main language. Therefore, we agreed to add French translation for the next meeting.
- Manos Pramateftakis pointed out the significance of social media in attracting younger members. Our Facebook group has 200 followers and we agreed to try and upload interesting cases and videos on our social media sites and Society website.
- Manuel Devesa once again pointed out that he tried to contact various Societies from the south with success. He mentioned that Prof. Trabelsi from Tunisia is willing to become a member of our Society, and he will be contacted shortly by the Secretary.
- Finances and membership fees were analysed by Fabrizio Cimino.
Following these, and the decision to proceed with the 2018 meeting in Greece, the meeting ended.